When buying a safe, having a biometric sensor is a welcomed feature. With a quick swipe of your fingerprint you will have quick access to your weapon without having to fiddle around with some keys. Remembering a lock combination when you are in a dangerous situation can be almost impossible. That’s why fingerprint gun safes are gaining in popularity nowadays. If you’re looking for some more traditional safes click here!
- 1 Top Fingerprint Gun Safes
Top Fingerprint Gun Safes
Sentry Safe Biometric Quick Access Pistol Safe
Large enough to store a full-size semi-automatic handgun, this safe uses whisper-quiet hardware. Unlike other similar guns safes, it does not have any loud locking mechanisms or clanking bolts that could alert an intruder while you are opening it. See more reviews HERE!
- Your safe can be opened using your fingerprint, an override key, or with the electronic keypad
- Two fingerprints can be recorded, so two different people can use the safe
- Heavy duty 12 gauge solid steel construction
- Pry resistant top lid
- Programmable keypad with no audible feedback avoids alerting intruders when you are using it
- Single handed access, the cover keeps open thanks to a compression gas strut. Open it with one hand and use the other to call for help.
- Meets California’s Department of Justice standards for firearm safety
- Highly durable, sturdy, and easy to use
- It is intended to be mounted with a horizontal orientation. Not designed for wall mounting
Gunvault Speedvault SVB500 Gun Safe
GunVault is a brand that has over 20 years of experience with biometrics, so you can be assured that they know what they’re doing. The SpeedVault safe is fast and discreet. It can hold over 120 individual fingerprints, so more than one adult in your house can have access to the weapon in case of an emergency. Their biotechnology has a very low false reject rate. It uses an algorithm that detects slight changes that might occur over time to an enrolled fingerprint and automatically updates the fingerprint templates in its memory. See more reviews HERE!
- Backup override keys give you an extra way to access your safe
- Interior courtesy light is activated when you open the safe. Perfect for illuminating your firearm in pitch black nights
- 18-gauge steel housing
- Backed by a 5-year exclusive full warranty for fire and burglary
- Fast activation drop down drawer provides quick access to your weapon
- Can be mounted in almost any direction, great for installing on a nightstand or under a bed or desk
- Soft foam interior to protect your weapon from scratches and prevent rattling
- Low battery life
- Doesn’t have a keypad
Check out the safe in action below.
VAULTEK VT20i Biometric Bluetooth Smart Pistol Safe
The VT20i is a tough, rugged safe built from heavy-duty carbon steel. You can use the Smart Safe Technology to connect via Bluetooth to your cellphone via a free app and remotely check the battery status, unlock the item, adjust the interior light, or receive tamper alerts. It can be used on either Apple iOS or Android platforms
It has a low profile with an overall height of 2.75 inches allows it to slide under a car seat. It can store up to 20 unique fingerprints. See more reviews HERE!
- Backlit keypad and fingerprint entry
- Powerful app to manage
- Lithium-ion rechargeable battery lasts up to 4 months
- Sturdy 16-gauge steel construction
- Interior mounted hinges
- Anti-pry bars
- Exterior shell is a one-piece design made from carbon steel with no welds for superior strength.
- Easy access in low light situations
- Remote access via Bluetooth
- Large enough to hold two Glock 43’s with the magazines inserted
- Pricier than similar models
- Not designed for wall mounting
Sylvan Arms Fingerprint Vault Biometric Handgun Gun Pistol Safe
Sylvan Arms is a firm that builds mil-spec quality gear and gunsmith tools. This product can store up to 30 different sets of fingerprints. There is also a set of backup keys included for quick access. A red LED will alert you when the batteries reach low-power levels and need to be replaced. This product requires 4 AA batteries and Meets TSA airline firearm guidelines
Measuring 13.1 x 8.1 x 3.2 inches and weighing 4.4 pounds, it is both compact and lightweight enough to fit in a briefcase or under a car seat. A padded foam interior will keep your firearm from rattling. See more reviews HERE!
- Easy fingerprint access, opens in less than 2 seconds
- Includes a steel cable for additional anti-theft protection by securing it to a solid object
- Compact and lightweight, great portability
- Elastic bands designed to hold your weapon securely
- No keypad
- Doesn’t have any pre-drilled holes so it can’t be mounted on any surface
- Doesn’t feel as sturdy as other similar biometric safes
Gunvault Microvault XL MVB1000 Gun Safe Biometric Fingerprint
The fingerprint sensor gives you a fast and codeless entry and can handle 120 fingerprints, more than enough for your family members to have quick access. The safe is built from heavy-duty 18-gauge steel and padded on the inside with a soft foam. It has a LED that will flash to alert you if anyone has tried to gain access since the last time it was locked. It also notifies you when the battery is low and needs to be replaced.
On the interior there are convenient elastic straps with pockets for documents or notes. Large enough to hold an iPad. It measures 12 x 10.5 x 3.5 inches and can easily slide under a car seat. It is California DOJ-approved. See more reviews HERE!
- The high-strength lock is virtually impossible to open with hand tools
- Pre-drilled holes; can be mounted in any direction
- Keypad, ingerprint and backup key access
- 5 year full warranty for fire and burglary
- 4 security cable included, which allows you to secure it to any fixed object, whether it is a car seatbelt or a leg of a nightstand
- Audio feedback can be disabled for stealth operation
- Hand print on top of the product is easy to align
- Touch pad works like a charm
- Battery last for several months (can use key if battery dies)
- No interior light